Monday, December 13, 2010

Service Learning November 11th

On this day I participated in the service learning activity named Through the Eyes of a Child. It was a very well planned and thought out event that older college students spend a day with a little kid while doing activities that were holiday related. These activities included cookie decorating, ornament making, face painting, holiday gift cards, and etc. I was originally just an event helper in which I would plan for the day, but not actually recieve a buddy. As the day went on they allowed to meet up with my friend who had a buddy named Josh. I went through all the activitites with them two. It was a great time, and I enjoyed seeing Josh and all the other little kids look up to us. It was perfect for right around the holiday season. It was good bonding time with the little kids and to see how they think and act. The college students were really in charge so as much as we enjoyed it we also had to make sure we did not lose anyone. I greatly enjoyed this service learning and was much better than my forgetful past service learning. This event lead me to rethink about doing a service learning in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment